Business Development Representative
Posted October 14, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
Primary Office: Baltimore, MD
Our mission at HighRock Studios is to help businesses and organizations succeed in the ever-changing world of marketing and technology. Through consultative sales, strategic marketing, and a thorough knowledge of HighRock’s services, our Business Development team is the client’s partner in achieving their business goals.
We are seeking experienced and driven individuals with a passion for customer relationships and marketing to join our Business Development team in our Baltimore office. As the primary point of contact and relationship manager for our customers, our account managers foster a partnership with our clients to solve their business needs. Duties include customer relations, business development, consultative sales and marketing, and thorough knowledge of HighRock services. Applicants should possess a high attention to detail, experience in marketing and sales, organizational skills, be comfortable learning new technology, and display strong written and verbal communication.
Your primary role as an ambassador of HighRock is to identify customer marketing needs, educate customers on how HighRock services can fit their need, and ensure we consistently exceed their expectations. Your success in this role hinges on your ability to proactively solve problems for our customers, and properly communicate their vision with internal creative teams.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Uncovering and developing relationships with new clients
- Growing relationships with existing clients
- Representing HighRock at business and networking events
- Lead generation with prospective clients
- Leading client strategic marketing efforts in collaboration with internal staff
- Taking the initiative to complete RFPs and respond to quote requests
- Exhibiting thorough knowledge of HighRock's services and capabilities
- Maintaining an updated list of incoming sales and ongoing projects
- Coordinating with clients and internal staff to create project proposals
- Managing client projects with accurate scope and budget
- Learning internal processes and software
- At least 3-5 years of related experience in sales, customer relationship management or marketing
- Interest and experience with the basics of marketing strategy
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Experience with project management and project management software a plus, though not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You might be a good fit if:
- You're looking for a longterm career in business development and enjoy working with customers.
- You love to collaborate on a team, but when it’s "go time” you roll up your sleeves and get stuff done.
- You know desk work is necessary, but it’s working with people that makes your day great.
- You've worked as a graphic designer or developer, and now you'd prefer working with people and leading marketing strategy.
- First you learn the rules, and then you break them (as it applies to marketing…not laws!).
- New phone? No problem! You're comfortable learning new technology, and will be up and running with your new gadget in no time.
Sound like a perfect fit? We want to hear from you! To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume on Indeed.com.
HighRock is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, veteran or disability status.