Posted April 4, 2018
HighRock is seeking interns for our Digital Marketing and Corporate Marketing departments out of our Hagerstown office. Applicants should have a strong work ethic, excellent verbal and written skills, and work well both independently and when collaborating on a team. We're looking for candidates who have a passion for marketing, a positive attitude, and love to learn in a fast-paced environment!
Our internship experience includes two aspects of HighRock and the marketing field - in-house marketing and customer marketing.
Interns will work with our Digital Marketing Manager to learn best practices in working with a variety of clients, as well as our Director of Marketing to contribute towards our company marketing initiatives. In addition to the hands-on experience working with these departments, interns will collaborate with their supervisor on learning objectives, and an internship project to be completed and presented at the end of the internship. See below for what you'll be doing as an intern at HighRock. This position is unpaid.
- Working towards a degree in marketing or a related field
- Preference given to students receiving academic credit
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong Social Media skills (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Excellent references
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Cover letter explaining why you'd like to intern with HighRock
- Letter of recommendation
- Recent writing sample(s)
- Documentation on College or University internship requirements
Customer Marketing: Work with HighRock Studios' Digital Marketing department to learn HighRock's services, contribute towards client marketing initiatives, and help the Digital Marketing team execute company and client tasks.
What you'll be doing:
- Attend customer meetings during marketing and strategic engagements
- Research customer industries, and work with the Digital Marketing team to make recommendations based on research
- Create content for social and digital campaigns
- Help to implement goals and conversions on digital campaigns
- Learn techniques to measure and report ROI
- Brainstorm and strategize campaigns for a wide variety of industries
- Contribute towards customer social media engagements, making recommendations based on thorough research
In-House Marketing: Work with HighRock Group's Director of Marketing to learn best practices, gain experience in in-house marketing for multiple industries, and contribute towards company marketing initiatives.
What you'll be doing:
- Contribute to the marketing initiatives for each of HighRock's subsidiaries, including HighRock Studios, HighRock Group, Leitersburg Cinemas, Warehouse Tap Room, Waynesboro Theatre, Warehouse Cinemas, and LeftBrain Technology
- Learn best practices and techniques of project management, and contribute towards multiple projects with varying degrees of scope
- Help plan company events from initial concept to day-of execution
- Research and improve company presence in multiple online listings
- Work with vendors and media outlets
- Write content for news and blog articles
- Execute and monitor social media posts and campaigns
Interested in this internship at HighRock? We want to hear from you! Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.